Sunday, October 30, 2005

Gay 'Law & Order' star, B.D. Wong, discusses race & sexuality

My blog has moved!!! Please visit my new blog for all the newest news, events, opinions and more!!!
You will be automatically re-directed in three seconds. Click the link to go to the new blog now. Use the search function on the new blog to find any story you are looking for on here.

From the Daily Pennsylvanian The University of Pennsylvania 'Law and Order' star discusses race, sexuality By katelyn foley October 28, 2005 Best known for his role as George Huang on Law and Order: SVU, actor B.D. Wong now rejects roles stereotypically given to Asian-American actors after years of conforming to a "caucasian box." As part of Asian Pacific American Heritage Week, Wong spoke candidly about his identity as both an Asian-American and a homosexual. After struggling with his race and sexual orientation during most of his life, Wong has gradually come have confidence in himself. "Ironically, the two things that I loathed about myself were the things that were rich about myself," he said. Wong conveyed the confusion of his childhood in San Francisco when he interrupted an anecdote about his struggles as a young Asian-American with, "Oh, I forgot to tell you that I was a homo," eliciting peals of laughter from the audience. To read the full article click here