Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Saluting a Gay Rights Pioneer: Franklin Kameny

My blog has moved!!! Please visit my new blog for all the newest news, events, opinions and more!!!
You will be automatically re-directed in three seconds. Click the link to go to the new blog now. Use the search function on the new blog to find any story you are looking for on here.

The Washington Post recently ran an article about Franklin Kameny, 80 years young, founder of the Mattachine Society of Washington, "the country's first "civil-liberties, social action organization dedicated to improving the status of the homosexual citizen through a vigorous program of action," according to a Mattachine brochure in his attic." If it were not for men like Kameny I would not even be free to write on my blog. I salute Franklin Kameny and the work he has done to help make the United States a better nation for all. To view the Washington Post article click: Thewashingtonpostsignsofprogress.pdf