Thursday, August 25, 2005

Drive-by Culture?

My blog has moved!!! Please visit my new blog for all the newest news, events, opinions and more!!!
You will be automatically re-directed in three seconds. Click the link to go to the new blog now. Use the search function on the new blog to find any story you are looking for on here.

This morning as I was standing outside of my dorm drinking my coffee and having a cigarette (yeah... its bad for me I know)... I saw something that just really, really disturbed me. One student was walking down the sidewalk, going to class I assumed. And a white Volvo pulled up. One student in the Volvo proceeded to roll down the car window, stick his hand outside, and make a hand symbol of a gun and then "fired" it at the student walking down the street. The Volvo stopped and the two students chatted for a while. I assumed they knew each other. I hope you can see what is so disturbing. One would expect someone to give a friendly wave or say "What's up?" but in this case, one student pretended to shoot another in a "drive-by"! What is this? This is crazy if you ask me. Is it "cool" now to pretend that you are shooting someone in a drive-by? If so, these students might need some serious help. Let's just hope that hand-symbol of a gun doesn't one day turn into a real gun.