Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Archbishop: Leading with Love

My blog has moved!!! Please visit my new blog for all the newest news, events, opinions and more!!!
You will be automatically re-directed in three seconds. Click the link to go to the new blog now. Use the search function on the new blog to find any story you are looking for on here.

It is with no doubt in my mind that I state the following: The Most Reverend His Grace the Lord Archibishop of Canterbury R. Williams, the 104th Archibishop of Canterbury and leader of the worldwide Anglican Communion, is truly a religious leader who leads by the Grace, Love and Mercy of our Divine Father. In the past few years, His Grace has led the Church through one of its most toiling and turbulent times. The Anglican Church is in the midst of a possible schism over the election and appointment of The Right Reverend V. Gene Robinson, Bishop of New Hampshire, an openly gay priest living in a committed and monogamous relationship with a person of the same sex. For the past five years I have seriously contemplated converting to Episcopalianism/Anglicanism. I am just now starting the official process of conversion and will be starting Confirmation classes in the fall. I look forward to the day where I will stand in the Nave of Saint Paul's Episcopal Church and be confirmed into the Church by the Right Reverend Michael Curry, Bishop of North Carolina. I am glad that I have chosen to become a member in a Church whose guiding principals call for love and compassion, even though not all of its members are fully accepting and approving of homosexuality or gay people. I am happy that I have found a spiritual home for my faith, a home in which I can feel comfortable and close to my Heavenly Father. Long Live the Church!