Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Just a thought... on what the anti-gays really think

My blog has moved!!! Please visit my new blog for all the newest news, events, opinions and more!!!
You will be automatically re-directed in three seconds. Click the link to go to the new blog now. Use the search function on the new blog to find any story you are looking for on here.

I saw this interesting quote on the blog of 16 year old gay rights activist and personal friend Tully Satre:
"We don’t believe they have the right to marry. In fact, we don’t think they have the right to exist." - Douglas Sadler, member of the Ku Klux Klan, in protesting attempts to legalize same-sex marriage in Iowa
I'd just like to pause for a moment and say something... I promise I won't take much of your time. I also can almost assure you that my following statement is really going to upset a lot of people. I pretty much think that the feelings voiced by Mr. KKK Sadler are indicative of the beliefs belonging to the majority of Americans who I call anti-gay... people who don't like gay people and people (ah-hem...Senator Rick Santorum) who do anything in their power to take away our civil rights or make sure that we never have them to begin with. Ok... I'm done. Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

I'm not so sure that the majority of "anti-gay" people think this way, but it is scary that a lot of people do. For most anti-gay people, a number that is thankfully shrinking with each passing year, it seems to be a matter of what they grew up with, especially here in the south where the KKK is recent history. It will never disappear, but once they are in the minority it will become socially unacceptable to spout this kind of language.

Michael (aka OzarkLad)
www.GetALifeSoon.com/weblog/
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1/24/2006 06:05:00 AM